Reusable nappies are one of the mother’s crazes. I am one of the crazy moms too! I was in search of the most suitable disposable nappie but not even one was good enough. They were all leaking and my little boy was wet almost every morning so I gave up on searching for disposable diaper. I found out reusable nappies and after testing some brands and types, here is my favorite nappie!
Pop in V2
- Pop-in reusable nappies are from birth to potty, the nappy grows with baby from 7 lbs or 3.18 kg – 35lbs or 16kg
- V2 reusable nappies are sizeless – adjust using poppers on front so one size fits most
- Soft elasticated waistline and easy aplix fastening for quick one step changes
- Double leg gusset to protect against leaks at any size or age
- Removable soaker and booster for variable absorbency and faster drying
- Easy to care for, no soaking, simply wash on a 60 degree wash (inner may be occasionally tumble dried if necessary)
- Bamboo is antibacterial, breathable and incredibly absorbent
- Pop-in new gen V2 nappies are not compatible with previous versions of the Pop-in
Important: The soakers from previous versions do NOT fit this version.
They are made of:
Soaker and booster:
- 70% bamboo viscose, 30% cotton; super soft and absorbent bamboo;
- 100% polyester PU coated
It is recommended to wash the boosters and soakers several times before use, because they are getting more absorbent with more washing. I washed them on 60C with prewash and tumble drying (keep in mind that the outer shell should not be in touch with direct heat! you can tumble dry only the soakers and boosters) and put them on my little one’s bottom. I just couldn’t wait! However the absorbency was remarkable (I should mention that my kid is a big pee – pee).
The size suited perfectly on my boy’s bottom. He is 7kg at the moment and I fasten the nappie on the second buttons. The bands snuggle his feel wonderfully. I picked Pop in mainly because of the double gussets. If a nappy is leaking it’s always from around the legs. The elastics are not too tight to leave red marks if you do not fasten them too much. Pop in are easy to put as every other reusable nappy.
The back elastics are fitting snug around the back and are not leaking at all. They are perfectly lied on the back and are not leaving red marks at all. Sometimes with V1 I have had leaks from the back but with V2 this has never happened. V1 back bands are a lot tighter and the velcro patch on the back of the nappy is making it bulging. So when you put you little one on it’s back, the baby is pressing the band with it’s back and if the nappy is full, it’s leaking. With V2 this problem is solved.
The removable soakers are sooo convenient unlike “all in one” nappies. Pop in are “all in two” type of nappies which for me personally is better. If you have a couple of Pop in nappies you can swap the boosters and soakers between the nappies. If you have a bamboo nappy and want to try the minky one, you can always buy one and change it.
The prints are super cool! So trendy and unisex!
Thanks to the reusable nappies you can save between 500 and 1500$ which in other case you will spend on disposable diapers. Think about the planet and the waste the disposable diapers are making. Besides the natural fabrics that the reusable nappies are made of are so much better for your baby’s bottom than the chemicals used for making diapers. In my case the disposable diapers couldn’t even make it through the night, leaking every time.
I am so glad I found Pop in! They made the night time sleep of my son so much calmer and dry. I recommend them to every mom!